David Trubridge - Kōura
The droplet-like form of Kōura mimics the curled form of our native freshwater shrimp kōura, named by the indigenous Māori people. David was also inspired by the intricately made traps used by early Māori to catch kōura. Kōura is predominantly used as a feature sculptural lighting piece, to attract attention to a certain location. Often it hangs over a bar, in an entry space, stairwell or even hall. It has a strong presence of calm purity and beauty that can be amplified by the choice of finish.
- Shipped in environmentally friendly packaging.
- Easy assembly at home via PDF or online video.
- Six sizes.
- 12 Standard colour options (custom colours on request).
- Comes with uspension wire (if size is applicable), cord and bulb holder (and ceiling canopy for North American orders).
- E26/E27 lamp/bulb required.
- Intended for dry interior spaces.
Kōura comes in 6 sizes ranging from 500mm tall to 2400mm tall. Available in bamboo plywood and also offered in a range of colours either painted on one side or two sides.
Please contact us for a size and colour option - prices as a guide.
All lights are ordered with a 2 - 3 week timeframe on delivery
Please have a look at the BROCHURE for more information and note these lights are shipped in a kitset.
For more of our David Trubridge lighting click HERE
The Seed System kitset light shades are on average 1/30th of the volume of the assembled light. This aims to help minimize the effects of shipping and to reduce the design’s environmental footprint. The lights are supplied with instructions, spare pieces, 2m flex & bulb holder (but don’t come with a light bulb or ceiling rose).